Wednesday, November 14, 2012

This is...(continued)

Open adoption is beautiful.  Even before Gracie was born, we were able to communicate with her birthmother through our agency.  We would send emails to each other.  I posted the "This is..." post on our anniversary, October 23, because this is the email message we received from her that day:

Can you tell Josh and Lindsey  that i wish them a Happy Anniversary. I wish I could have had their baby today so this day could be extra special for them. I got the card also, and i am also very happy to do this for them. I also want them to know they have nothing to worry about, when this baby is placed in there arms, they are the parents  of it., and always will be. I want whats best for this little girl, and placing her with them is the best it could get. I just want them to know i think about them all the time and when i met them i felt a strong connection and would like to be friends with them, not just as the birth mom but as a person who cares.

Wow.  She is absolutely amazing.  Words cannot even describe it.  She is one of the most selfless people I know.  I love that Gracie will grow up knowing her birth mom and will be able to talk to her whenever she wants.  There will never be any doubt in her mind that she is loved and that her birth mom wants the very best for her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment