Thursday, April 22, 2010

Low Number

Just returned from the office and got the results from yesterday's hcg: 163. Not good. The nurse, bless her soul, was trying to make me feel positive about it saying that it's only the first number and first numbers don't mean anything. Well, according to the median hcg results on betabase, it would be above 400 for my DPO. I have a twinkle of hope that I'm trying hard to hold on to, but most of me knows how this will end. I feel impending doom, like "here we go again." I wish the nurses would have returned my phone calls earlier in the week because then I would know by now how this is going to go. Instead, I have to do the second beta tomorrow and wait for the results over the weekend. I won't get the results until Monday morning. I'm supposed to meet with Dr. George so we can plan for either way this decides to go. The nurse said she would call me before so I know my second number. Hoping and waiting and praying...

No comments:

Post a Comment